Job/Position of Executive Director
CAN is looking for a highly motivated and talented Executive Director (ED).
This position is restricted for people living in Uganda.
Role Summary: The Executive Director of CAN will have the overall responsibility for implementation of the organization’s strategic plan and implementing policies established by the CAN Board/Executive Committee. The role will include day to day running of the organisation, developing and maintaining organizational structure and effective personnel, gathering and supplying information to network members and other stakeholders, and coordinating members in the CBR Africa Network. The ED will work, under the guidance of the CAN Board/Executive Committee, represent the organization to regulatory bodies, donors, supporters and other stakeholders.
Role and Responsibilities
The Executive Director of CAN will:
- Regularly and efficiently report to the CAN Board/Executive Committee
- Develop and manage annual budgets and work plans
- Supervise the secretariat team
- Update and/or develop systems, policies and procedures for CAN
- Maintain full awareness of the complete financial, statistical, and accounting records of CAN
- Produce timely monthly, annual reports and any other reports as and when required
- Regularly inform the CAN Board/Executive Committee on the implementation of the strategic plan
- Provide training or provide support for writing and documentation skills workshops
- Coordinate CAN projects including but not limited to conferences, workshops and research.
- Oversee and contribute to the drafting, editing, production and dissemination of the CAN publications
- Network with organizations and people with relevant missions throughout Africa under the guidance of the Executive Committee
- Promote the image of CAN
- Maintain a cost effective and efficient office environment
- Fundraise for CAN’s activities under the guidance of the CAN Board/Executive Committee
- Facilitate the annual audit of CAN Account and evaluations
- Generate and share project ideas with the CAN Board/Executive Committee to promote the growth and development of CAN.
- Develop linkages and partnerships with organisations with similar mandates/visions.
The Executive Director of CAN earns an attractive salary and has great potential for growth and development.
The successful candidate will be required to carry out these duties effectively and efficiently, to the satisfaction of the CAN Board/Executive Committee. He/she will be expected to communicate well with other members of CAN and with the public.
The Executive Director reports to the Chairperson of the Board/Executive Committee of CAN.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Minimum of a Masters degree in Social/Community Development, Management and Administration.
- Minimum of five years experience working as a Programmes Coordinator/Manager or Executive Director in a reputable National or International NGOs.
- Experience in Networking and Advocacy at a high level.
- Knowledge on information management including web-based information sharing.
- Excellent fund raising and proposal writing skills
- Experience in coordinating projects with multiple funding sources.
- Excellent oral and written English and communication skills
- Knowledge of French is an added advantage
- Ability to integrate teams of professionals around common goals.
- Experience of leading large and diverse teams.
- Experience working in the disability sector.
- Knowledge of disability, Community based rehabilitation and inclusive development is an added advantage.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to email their applications (in English), including a motivation letter and a curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 17th February 2017.
Please Download The ED Job Avert
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.